Thursday, March 1, 2007

A day of rest

Did not a whole lot of anything today - I'm on vacation - I'm entitled. I could have spent the day with my parents and their old chums from back when they lived here and were dating, but I chose to not do that - they can reminisce without me! Got to see Holland's version of Costco - Makro - as we did shopping for Saturday's Vos family feast. Even in this bulk warehouse, the portions are, well, proportionate. When you buy the 3-pack of shampoo, it's 3 bottles that are about 8 ounces each - usable in one's lifetime. Everything here is like that. Space is at a premium so you don't do grocery shopping just once a week - you have no where to store it. You go almost every day to get what you need. Packages are not super-sized and you can actually get the fresh fruit dealer to cut a head of cauliflower in half if that's all you want/need. It's a good thing!

OK - off to bed - it's the Delta Works tomorrow!

No comments: