Saturday, March 10, 2007

The End

Today I bought some Dutch goodies and then spent several hours figuring out how to pack everything. We'll see how it turns out in the morning! Coby took Mom and Dad and me to see the windmills in Weesp and then we had tea with her mom. We had dinner at De Schalkse, a nice restaurant in Weesp and ate waaay too much. But I did have a yummy baked goat cheese salad to start things off, which reminded me of the most amazing goat cheese salad I had in Seattle just before I left. Mmmm... goat cheese... To top it off, Mom and I split a crepe with speculaas ice cream in it. Uitstekend! Then to Tante Jenny's for tea, and home for watching the speed skating championship in Salt Lake City and more rummikub. So this is it - we leave for the airport around 10 AM. Excited about sleeping in my own bed and seeing my ferocious girl cat.

Dag allemaal! Tot ziens - dui!


Weesp windmill


Mom and Dad by a Weesp windmill


Blooming Daffy's


The restaurant we ate at is that green building to the right of the red boat.


Another Weesp windmill and its reflection


Us at dinner


De Lange Vechtbrug at night



A ride through Weesp. I wanted to capture the church bells ringing (most likely made by Petit & Fritsen) but ended up get a goofy tour of Weesp.

4 comments:

Lia said...

Fabulous Blog!!!! I enjoyed it everyday....Have a safe trip home and thank you again for taking the time each night to keep us informed....Love, Lia

Anonymous said...

Jen ben neet en Fila pheeserick; Wie mute mere Going Dutch Blog hebba. whar ist mie goppledanger??? Yie moot mere kroketten eatten.. Yie hafte goote chaddon Aslableef en danke yah well. Johannas

Anonymous said...

Jenn-
Thank you for letting us be part of your trip. Your pictures of the windmills were great! Did you buy some kroketten for home?
Love,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this blog... it really looks like a wonderful trip! love the crocus and the windmills and all the food descriptions... adorable blonde children and family!