Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A day of rest

Today there is not much on the agenda. Dad is going to Haarlem to meet his old high school buddies. Mom is spending the day at home with Tante Jenny. I slept in and then Coby and I went to the market to get some groceries. It is pouring so it's niet lekker to be outside. We had kroketten for lunch, and will have bloemkool (cauliflower) and gehaktballen (meatballs) for dinner, which I can smell Coby cooking already - yum! Tomorrow we will spend the day with Robert and Thea. All for now - I'm going to go downstairs and be social.

5 comments:

Acorn Lane said...

Ok. Now I know you're just being mean... torturing me with all these food references. It's only 10 a.m. here and you're making me HUNGRY!!!

Lia said...

I have to admit it is very sad to think that that would probably be the last time Mom sees her brother Oom Dirk......Thanks for the blog it really is delightful....Lia

Anonymous said...

Jen; smocked de kroketten leeker? Ik denke daat der nederlandse wil hafe ccchanne kroketten nogh mere wenn yie touse ghann???? Johannas

Anonymous said...

John, you're killing me. I don't know what's more funny, Jen's blog comments or your pig dutch....Great job on the blog Jen. I'm impressed you are keeping all the names straight. Dui

-glenn

Anonymous said...

Hey Glenn-

At least John's not giving you any doppelgangers! I must admit his Dutch is pretty bad but at least he is trying, RIGHT LIA! Really this has been fun - now all I would like is some hagelslag and kaas and maybe a pair of klompen for Anna....

Ellen